Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Inspiration: Disneybound

I did not intend on writing another inspiration post so soon, but I stumbled upon this site: Disneybound while I was surfing through Pintrest on Sunday night.
Disneybound is a tumbler site of outfits inspired by Disney characters. When someone wears one of these outfits it's called 'Disneybounding'.

Having grown up in the Disney Renaissance of the 90's, I have a bit of a soft spot for certain Disney movies. The Little Mermaid topping this list (you're not surprised are you...).

So for exhibit A I show you a Disneybound outfit inspired by Ariel:



Yes, I realize that this is a long way from being a  "vintage" outfit. And this is a vintage blog, but hey, look at it this way: The Little Mermaid came out in 1989, it's over 20 years old, technically making it vintage. Right?

Part of loving vintage is loving nostalgia and for me The Little Mermaid is nostalgia. I also love media inspiring art and for me fashion can be art. So I loved this site. 

So for you vintage lovers out there I decided to cobble my own Ariel inspired outfit together from vintage found for sale (at the time of posting) on Etsy. 

Exhibit B, a vintage Ariel inspired outfit:



The lesson here is that outfit inspiration is everywhere. If you love Disney I urge you to go check out Disneybound. I found her interpretations of Disney characters very interesting (and clearly inspiring!!). 
Enjoy!


Lisa.xo


hipster Ariel found here


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home