Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This Sucks

Well this may not be a new apron or house dress, but my dreams of becoming a vintage housewife are one step closer to becoming a reality! lol!

Say hello to my "new" Hoover Constellation!


This funny little guy came my way this summer while The Boy's brother was cleaning out his house. The Hoover came with the house. I couldn't let him go to the trash, so I rescued him.

How could I not? He works, he's vintage and he's GREEN! My favourite colour! Win, win, win. Right?


A good blogger would have cleaned him up a bit before taking pictures, but I was too excited to share him with you.



And naturally, I had to do some research and I was overwhelmed by the amount of information out there on vintage vacuums! Did you know some people collect vintage vacuums? I can't help but wonder: where do they keep them? 
I found a whole forum about vintage vacuums for those of you looking to start your own collection or just bone up on some vacuum knowledge: Vacuumland

Here an original ad for my model:



I like this next ad better, I like the graphics. Particularly the woman pulling the vacuum at the bottom. The coolest thing about these vacuums is that they hover! You heard me! There are no wheels or tracks on the bottom they hover on their own air stream (according the the ad). I'm just hoping my vacuum still hovers. That would be awesome!


And for fun, check out these guys! Neat!


Who knew I'd be so excited about a vacuum? Maybe this is the start of my own collection? ...no, probably not. lol!

Lisa.xo




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home