Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Inspiration: Going Out to Casual

As much as I love fall I always become a little baffled when I actually have to start layering an outfit. I search for fall style inspiration more than any other season.

I have saved two images which I am aspiring to this fall season.

The first is my "Going Out" image. By going out I mean coffee, casual dinner with The Boy or friends etc...


For me, the outfit above quintessentially reflects my style. I love the quirky colour combo, but it's also a little matchy-matchy. I like the vintage touches: the bag, the full skirt (could be substituted for a dress!) and the subtle vintage inspired 'do. This look is also about the restrained layers. There are just enough for this outfit to be styled, but not overdone (I would have added a brooch on on the jacket though). It's very cute and I'm working towards this for fall. 


The second image is my "Casual" inspiration. Weekend errand running maybe or those busy days at work where dressing up in a no-go.




You may be surprised by my choice of this outfit. It's awfully modern. The clincher is the sequin tank over this casual outfit. It had me at 'hello'. And it's this mix that I want for my casual outfits. I need a little something out-of-the-ordinary so I don't feel ordinary (know what I mean?). Even though none of these clothes are vintage, I know it could be easily replicated with a few vintage pieces. What about a 60's beaded/sequin shell over a vintage Levis chambray shirt and a 40's structured blazer? Add skinny jeans and some riding boots: bam! You've got yourself a look similar to this for less cash!

The bonus in any fabulous fall fashion for a Winnipegger? When the snow falls all you need to do is add a fabulous winter coat, hat and gloves to transition these looks until the weather warms up again!


Like these looks? I'm now addicted to Pintrest like the rest of the internet. 
Check out the rest of my Vintage Inspired Fall Fashion Board for more inspiration!


Lisa.xo

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home