Thursday, July 26, 2012

These Goodies Found a New Home in My Closet!

Remember the other day when I mentioned I went thrift shopping and brought home a few goodies?

Here's what I brought home:

A lovely vintage cotton slip. I would gather it's 60's (anyone know for sure? I find Canadian labels quite hard to research online). I know someone is going to give me flack for saying this, but I almost didn't buy it. It was priced at $6.99 and I thought that was a bit steep for a slip. On the other hand I thought that it looked pretty "new" and how often do I find cotton slips? It will make a great night gown or I have a few sheer dresses it might look nice under as well.

Bonus Points for anyone who can spot the sleeping puppy in the mirror!





I also bought this pretty faux pearl necklace. It was hanging with the plastic jewellery and I kept inspecting it to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. It was $3.99. Score! Now in my excitement at my awesome find (Value Village has amazing pricers who don't usually let these kind of things slip by) I forgot to try it on. Turns out it's a tad small for my neck, but I think I'll add two thin pieces of off-white ribbon to the ends so I can wear it.





And finally a black straw hat. This near mint beauty was $3.99! It has occurred to me that this hat may be 80's (it doesn't have any labels to deny or confirm this), but I like it anyway. Thoughts?




I also bought a very comfortable black jersey dress (modern, from Buffalo) with a HUGE circle skirt to wear with tights and boots in the winter (I love me some jersey dresses with tights in the winter!) which is currently in the laundry. I'm sure you'll be seeing it when the weather gets colder. And I bought a plain half slip.

Have you brought any goodies home to your closet recently? Do tell!


Lisa.xo

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home