Monday, July 23, 2012

Outfits: Still Hot Out!

The temperature has not dropped much since my last post. So I've been wearing cotton dresses or a tank top and a skirt daily with as few accessories as possible. Even necklaces are too hot to wear!!

Do not take this as a complaint though. I adore summer and look forward to this sartorial simplicity all year. In the dead of winter I long to throw on a dress and heels and look perfectly polished with little to no effort.

I had the day off work today, which was quite nice. I spent the morning curled up on the couch with a coffee and my laptop. This afternoon I did a little thrift shopping (I came home with a few goodies!), followed by some much needed grocery shopping; then I came home and make dinner - stir fry beef and brocolli and mushroom fried rice. yum! - now I'm back on the couch. It's been a good day! :)

This is what I wore grocery and thrift shopping:







Ok, confession...I actually wore these flats out shopping. but the wedges look good too don't they?!




50's Cotton Summer Dress: Ragpickers
White Vintage Skinny Belt: Ragpickers
White Plastic Bangle: Le Chateau
50's Birdcage Bamboo Purse: Thrifted, Value Village
Turquoise Patent and Cork Wedges: Le Chateau
White Lace Flats: Le Chateau

I really love this dress. I know you've seen it before, but I'm hoping a repeat or two over the years is acceptable...We all wear our clothes over and over, even whole outfits, so I figure the blog can handle a little reality creeping in now and then. I just can't afford a new wardrobe every season! Even if I wish I could! Know what I mean?

Lisa.xo

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home