Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Work Again!

So, my friends, I pulled the wool over your eyes a bit for the last week and a half. The Boy and I actually spent almost the entire last 2 weeks at the lake. (I'll post a little re-cap of our holiday later this week)

It was so glorious! The weather could not have been better. Hot days were spent on the dock and in the boat. Cold beverages were consumed with family and friends and I even accidentally got a little tan!

We're back in the city now though because I started my next job today. I'm stage managing for a one woman show which is part of The Winnipeg Fringe Festival written by my friend Michael Nathanson called Next.

I'll leave the write-ups to the professionals. Here's what's in the program:

Next is a funny and candid behind-the-scenes look at one actress trying to maintain her humour and sanity on the worst day of auditions in her life.


Performed by noted Winnipeg actress Tracy Penner, Next is the newest play by Governor General Award Finalist Michael Nathanson.


Mark it now as one of your Fringe Festival "must-sees".

As a former actor, I really connect with this show. I know how hard it is to audition. I had an acting professor in university tell my class once that we should consider auditioning as our job and acting as the holiday. And it's true. Most Canadian actors spend more time auditioning than they do actually acting in plays.
So for the inside scoop on my former theatre profession come and check out Next. I promise you won't be disappointed - even if you don't audition for a living.

Here are our show dates, venue location and other important tidbits:

minute and a huff productions
Winnipeg, MB

Next
by Michael Nathanson



Tickets: $10
Discount Tickets: $8 for Matinees, Students, Equity, ACTRA, MAP, Fringe performers

Warnings: Language, 
RECOMMENDED:
Mature Audience


60 min


Wed July 18, 7:00pm
Fri July 20, 7:15pm
Sun July 22, 12:00 noon
Wed July 25, 5:00pm
Thur July 26, 1:45pm
Fri July 27, 5:15pm
Sat July 28, 10:45pm

Tickets are available at the venue 1 hour prior to curtain. Otherwise you can go here to pre-order tickets.
First time at Fringe? Check this out to get in the loop!

I'm pretty stoked for Fringe to start next week. It's easily one of my favourite things about summer in Winnipeg. I look forward to it all year. 

Hope to see some of you there! 

Lisa.xo

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home