Monday, March 11, 2013

B&B Bonanza Pt. 1

I have been dying to to share these photos with you!

We had the pleasure of staying in some amazing Bed and Breakfast's while we were on tour. The homes we stayed in where in all shapes and sizes.

I've always wanted to live in a character home, but when buying our home The Boy and I decided that we couldn't afford to fix one up properly (if you live in one, you know they can come with a myriad of structural and internal issues) so we decided to buy a "newer" home (ours was built in 1974).

Staying in all of these older homes reminded me how much I always wanted to live in one and was a real treat! I spent a lot of time in each home taking in all of the beautiful details within. I've taken a ton of pictures, so I'll have to share them with you in a couple posts.

This is Patrick Place. We stayed here while we were in Yorkton, Saskatchewan two weeks ago. It was built in 1911 by a very prominent family living in Yorkton. For more of the home's heritage click here.


The front entry

Sitting Room 

Original fireplace. Still chimes every 72 hours! We didn't get to hear it though.



My room.

The vanity in my room.

My bathroom.


The gang!


Stay tuned for part 2 (maybe a part 3 too!).


Lisa.xo


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home