Monday, January 21, 2013

Lunch Prep

The two schools we're touring to today are both within 15 minutes of my house. So I decided that we would eat lunch at my house. We had a local actor host us for lunch between shows last week and it was such a treat to be able to relax in someone's home, eat the delicious food she made for us and recharge before our next show. I couldn't resist inviting the cast over today.

I love entertaining and I've thoroughly enjoyed planning and prepping for this afternoon's lunch.
Truth be told, I didn't have time to prepare opening night gifts for the cast (it's tradition to give small gifts or cards to everyone who worked on the show on opening night) and I really love this cast so it's the perfect opportunity to thank them.


I wanted lunch to feel really special, so I decided to use all my vintage coloured glasswear and ironstone to serve lunch. I prepped and arranged everything yesterday. My crockpot, bread machine and coffee maker are all set to turn on at the correct times so lunch is hot and ready to be eaten when we walk in the door. 


For lunch I'm serving:

Homemade Crockpot Chilli 
and fixin's
Sour Cream, Green Onions, Grated Cheese and Multigrain Chips

Homemade Bread and Butter

Pickles

For desert:

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
Grapes

And:

 Coffee 
Tea 
Iced Tea 
Bottled Water



Sounds like a lot, but we are ravenously hungry! We unload and load the van (which contains our set, costumes and props) as well as perform the high energy show (well, the actors do, I sit and run sound while they act) at each school. It really works up our appetite!

I'm excited to have my peeps over today. I'll be sure to post some photos from lunch later this week.


Lisa.xo


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home