Wednesday, November 14, 2012

School Tour Manitoba

Like I said at the end of my last post, I spent the better part of last week touring the show I was working on around rural Manitoba.

It was my first time working on a school tour (but not my last! my next contract is also a school tour). It was eye opening spending so many days at various high school and middle schools all around Manitoba. I went to a performing arts high school and until two weeks ago never really realized how privileged my high school "career" was.

I wouldn't be working in theatre if I had not gone to the school I went to. How different would my life had been if I had gone to a regular high school?

I guess I wouldn't have found myself driving around Manitoba in a one ton van full of a compact-able set, costumes and prop bins!
Thankfully the cast for this show was fun and the girls had just as much of a thrifting bug as I did! We scoped out the thrift store in almost every small town we visited (time allowing).

I was so busy working I only had time to take a few photos.

Most importantly, a shot of my coffee in the morning. I brought fresh beans, my coffee grinder and my French press. When away from home it is very important to bring delicious creature comforts.


The only other photo worth sharing is of me and (most) of the cast in the bar in Winnipegosis. We had such a great time that night! The staff unlocked the pool tables for us and we played for free all night. They also bought us a couple rounds of shots! We were treated like kings! lol!



Stay tuned tomorrow for some of my rural thrift finds!

Lisa.xo

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home