Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Outfits: New Pants, "New" Old Coat and a Fortune in my Pocket

Well hello!

 Long time no see! A week seems like an eternity on the 'ole blogosphere doesn't it?

Winter has descended on Winnipeg. On Friday night there was green-brown grass in our front yard and by Sunday morning we were blanketed in white.

I guess I am forever in anticipation of the upcoming season. Now that we have all this snow I have been enjoying accessorizing my winter coats with my my small, but mighty arsenal of hats, gloves and scarves. I actually love winter dressing for that reason, It is so easy to look chic with the right winter gear.


This whole outfit, as you see it is almost all new. I've been watching those leopard print skinny jeans I've been lusting over on the Le Chateau website and they recently went on sale from $79.99 to $19.99!! I ordered a pair on the spot. And I love them!! :)


The only problem when they arrived is that until yesterday I didn't own a black winter coat. And I just couldn't imagine wearing these pants without a black coat. So I was on the hunt. Luckly my spidey-sense directed me to Value Village yesterday and I scored this cute altered vintage mouton and mink coat. It used to be a 3/4 length, but someone shortened it to its current length, which suits me just fine. It was a steal at $17 all in with taxes.

And doesn't it just look perfect with my new skinny jeans?! I think so.


And the best part? (And this is why I love vintage...) While I was cleaning it up and steaming the coat last night I found a vintage fortune cookie fortune in the hidden breast pocket!

" Your enterprise will bring great profit."

How long has this been in there? Did the owner keep it because it meant something to them? Or did it get stuffed haphazardly into the pocket and forgotten with time? I'll never know...and that's part of the fun. :)

I have a few little frames in the basement with nothing in them and I'm thinking about framing my little treasure and hanging it in my dressing room.


Black Beret: Joe Fresh
Fuschia Scarf:  Jacob
Vintage Altered Mouton and Mink Coat: thrifted, Value Village
Black Elbow Length Leather Gloves: gift from Mom
Leopard Print Skinny Jeans: Le Chateau
Black Wedge Booties: George (Walmart)
My Favourite Purse: thrifted, Value Village




I just finished my last stressful job on Friday. I actually spent almost all of last week touring the show I was working on around rural Manitoba. I've got a little post planned to share some of the ups and downs with you. (and maybe a few vintage thrift finds as well!)

Lisa.xo

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home