Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mixing it Up

Yesterday's post actually inspired me to play dress up in my closet for most of the afternoon.

My favourite outfits revolved around this 70's does 30's two piece outfit. I bought this ages ago when I worked at Ragpickers. It was one of my first vintage purchases. I've considered selling this outfit a few times, but I'm now glad I decided not too. I have a feeling this top and skirt will be staples in my winter wardrobe.



As you can see from the photo above the fabric is pretty light weight (and see through!) so a slip underneath is a must. Making these pieces perfect for year round mix and matching which I've done below. Click on the photos to enlarge the images.

Left: Blazer and Flower Brooch: Ricki's;  Rhinestone Necklace, Purse & Seafoam Wrap Sweater: thrifted; Slip: Lune Vintage;
Boots: Le Chateau
Right: Slip (worn as camisole): Lune Vintage; Belt & Straw Clutch: thrifted; Wedges: Le Chateau



Left: Vintage Enamel Earrings: thrifted; Camisole: Randy River; Belt: Le Chateau; 40's Wool Skirt (part of suit): Ruby Slipper; Navy Vintage Suede Purse: WildWoodRose Vintage; Pumps: Calvin Klein
Right: Camisole: Randy River; High Waisted Jeans and Coral Bangle: Forever 21; Turqoise Bangle and Red Straw Clutch: thrifted; Wedges: Le Chateau

This is another great example of how to take vintage pieces and mix them up to keep them from looking too costume-y (Go here to see my last post on dressing up modern basics with vintage accessories). I think all 4 of these looks have a very modern look to them with enough of a vintage touch not too look like a cookie-cutter mannequin straight from the mall. My favourite way to wear vintage!

Lisa.xo

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home