Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Outfits: Shirtwaist Dress

I wore this out for iced coffee and window shopping in Osborne Village with my friend Jenny today.

The weather has cooled down significantly (and by that I mean it's still 26 degrees Celsius instead of 38 degrees, so it's still freakin' hot out!) and I've been dying to wear some of my shirtwaist dresses, so I did. I love this dress. I've had for a while, but never worn it on the blog before for some reason. The Boy's brother calls this my diner dress.




I bought it at Ruby Slipper for a song (I think it was on the sale rack for about $12).

It's handmade with lots of sweet details like decorative buttons on the collar, beautiful rolled cuffs and a yoked back with gathering underneath.


I imagine this was someone's housedress for cleaning. It is super comfortable cotton with lots of flexibility due to all of the clever construction like these underarm gussets!



Imagine someone making this beautiful little dress to clean the house in? I can, but you won't catch me cleaning in it! lol!



50's Pink Shirtwaist Dress: Ruby Slipper
Vintage Millinery Flowers worn as a brooch: Ruby Slipper
Vintage White Skinny Belt: Ragpickers
Yellow Wedges: Thrifted
Vintage Straw Purse: Thrifted

Lisa.xo


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home