Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wishlist: Vintage Alligator Pumps

Today is my day off from the show. I've spent the morning nursing a cold (I'm so stuffed up right now, it's not even funny...) and trolling through Etsy. Not necessarily for anything in particular, just all of the beautiful things that I love in general.

As I was sifting through the shoes I noticed how I was attracted I was to the 40's and 50's alligator pumps and peep-toes. Which made me remember a stunning pair of 40's peep toes and matching handbag that was brought in by a woman to Ragpickers while I worked there. The woman's father had shot the alligator overseas, had it shipped to Montreal where they lived to have it made into custom shoes and bag for his dear wife.
Naturally, the gorgeous shoes in question where too small for me, but I was obsessed with them. They were obviously one of the woman's prize possessions, because they were in pristine condition.

What I'm trying to say is that looking at all of the beautiful alligator shoes on Etsy reminded me how much I wanted a pair for myself. Now if only I could find a pair in a size 8 1/2 and not a size 6...

If size were no issue, owning one of these pairs would suit me just fine (all from Etsy):

These are quite perfect.
buy them here

These 50's Spring-o-lators are amazing! So chic!

buy them here

Red!!
buy them here

These 50's Baby Doll Pumps would be an amazing addition to any wardrobe. So versatile!
buy them here

 And the ultimate: Matching shoes and bag. Plus those shoes are freakin' adorable!
 buy them here



Maybe a pair of these would cure my cold! lol!

Lisa.xo

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home