Monday, January 16, 2012

Bedroom Reveal!

Here's the moment you've all been waiting for! (At least I hope so! lol!) I finally got around to taking some photos of our newly painted bedroom yesterday. Yay!

Here it is: Ta Da!




Ok. Here's the part where I confess. That navy blob hanging over our window is not the drapery panels which I told you we would be hanging this past Monday. It's a sheet we've pinned to the window. The panels we have are lined, but we feel that we also need something else to block the light at night. And of course, The Boy and I cannot agree on what to put up yet. So we haven't hung up the drapes I have for this room. 
So the window is the last thing to be finished in here. 
My goal is to have something picked and in place by mid February. We'll see how that goes...


Anyway, it's really amazing what a coat of paint can do for a room. Nothing has really changed in here except the paint, the new art above the bed (and soon the window treatment). Somehow this blue has made our cedar wall seem a lot cooler and I don't even mind the furniture as much with this wonderful colour around it either.


The chair in the shot above was bought at an antique store I lived beside in Osborne Village when I was in University. I bought it in that cream colour. It was my desk chair for a long time.


I bought these lovely vanity items at Good will for $5 (for both!) and have been saving them for my end table.



And finally, a shot into the hallway. I love the way the blue and green look together. With the winter months being so long here in Manitoba, The Boy and I consciously picked a palette of blues, greens and browns for our house to remind us of summer. It does the trick I think!
 And you also may notice the art which formerly hung above our bed has migrated to the hall where the proportion is much better. And it echoes the blue back in which I like.

And as always, here's what the room looked like (unmade bed and all!) at the end of 2011.


And what it looked like when we moved in. Please take note of the horrid pink overhead light (all of our bedroom lights are positioned in the corner of the room), and the random glass shelf hanging above the end table (there were random small shelves hanging everywhere in this house when we moved in! Weird).


And for those of you wondering what my drapes look like. Here they are:

photo borrowed from Amazon.com

They're Umbra Concerto Panels in Pewter (which I have discovered are discontinued, but you can still buy them on Amazon.com).

So as usual, I will take some more photos once we've got this window thing figured out and do some more show and tell.

Lisa.xo




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home