Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Outfit Round Up

Well, here we are again! Last year I did my first outfit round up and loved looking back at the year in outfits. I knew I wanted to do another one this year.

Here we go!

I wore a lot of black, white and red again this year (maybe more than last year!). I also started wearing red lips during the day this year as well. Before I had reserved it for evening only.

Black and white is still an easy go-to for me when I don't know what to wear.

I was surprised at how many outfits I photographed where I was wearing pants this year. Due to Stage Managing my outfits can tend to be little more casual.  

Apparently I had picked two April outfits. I have no idea where the other one went! lol! Oh well...this one is so good it will make up for the missing one. (note more black, white and red!)

This is the only outfit I photographed for May. This is what kickstarted my June Challenge.

I had so many outfit choices for my June Outfit-a-Day Challenge I couldn't pick just one. So you get 3!

Love this outfit. Perfect pin up look. And I was having a good hair day! lol!

My obsession with nautical colours was very apparent this past year. I don't see this changing anytime soon. This turned into a great go-to outfit for me. 

I just love love love this dress. I bought it while in Ottawa this year and I just can't wait to wear it again next summer. Is that crazy?! lol!

One of my many hemming/sewing projects this year. And my new favourite purse starts to make blog appearances. You'll see it twice more before this round up is over! 

I love this skirt. I rarely wear it without tights, but I always wear it with a light top and a black belt. See December below for another variation on this theme. 

See? More pants! But you gotta jazz it up with a great hat and some fur! I tried to be more adventurous this year and venture out donning more of my vintage hat collection. It takes courage I tell you! 

Again, I couldn't pick just one for October. I love this cape. Throwing it on over a black long sleeve tee is instant polish and glamour. Now that is the way I like to get dressed in the morning!

Wore this to D.& K.'s Social. A good time was had by all. I stayed up late that night dancing and enjoying my fair share of G&T's and the next day laid on the couch and drank copious amounts of coffee! 

Here is variation two on the outfit from September. A little more lady-like this time.

More black, white and red. Might as well end the way you start right? 

If I may say a few vapid things about my personal style evolution (and I think I can. It's my blog!), it would be that this year was about becoming comfortable with the fact that I am not a vintage purist. I know I've said this from the beginning, but I don't know if I was always comfortable with it. Underneath it all I always felt like I was stuck in the middle somehow. Not an authentic head to toe vintage aficionado, but not a modern trend follower either. 
This year I've starting to realize that not being boxed into one group or the other actually gives me amazing fashion freedom!!
I can dress head to toe 50's for an event if I want, but my personal style is all about a vintage vibe. Modern clothes with a feminine, vintage feel mixed with killer vintage pieces. I like that. I'm undefinable. 

So here's to another year of getting more comfortable in my own skin and clothes!

I hope you all have a great New Year's Eve! See you next year! ;)

Lisa.xo




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home