Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Little Mid Week Update


Ok, it's Thursday and technically Wednesday is usually considered mid-week. Let's pretend it's Wednesday then...

I thought I should drop in and say "hi" to you -my blog friends- and let you know where I've been and what's up.

Having December off was great for the 'ole blog. I managed to post 5 days a week! Yay me! And now that I'm back to work you've probably noticed a sudden drop off in the frequency of my posts.

While working my goal is to post at least 3 times a week. I honestly can't manage much more than that. Work is too demanding. I know you understand. We can't all be professional bloggers! lol!

I wouldn't want to be a professional blogger anyway. I love my job! It's great to be back at work. I've never worked at Manitoba Theatre Centre (MTC) before and I'm already learning more about how a large regional theatre operates.
This prep week has been a little different than my usual gigs in smaller theatres. I've had to go to the theatre and do all of my prep in the stage management office instead of sitting on my couch working on my computer and drinking copious amounts of coffee.
In addition to that I'm really anticipating moving into the theatre (it'll be in about 2 1/2 weeks). Our set will be a motorized 4 sided revolving set with each scene on a different side. So Cool! I also found out this week that I'll be in costume (the play is set in the 1910's). The Assistant Stage Manager and I will be moving small pieces of furniture on and off the set during the show and the director (or maybe it's the designer...I actually don't know) wants us to blend in. I'm excited about the costume. I'm not looking forward to doing my job in the costume...it might be a little difficult. We'll see.

So that's the most recent news! I'll be back before the end of the week! As promised!

Lisa.xo

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home