Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Outfits: New Old Winter Coat

I had a few errands to run today. Not being at work has really got me into a slump. I've been living in jeans and a tee shirt (or sweater) with little make up on and my hair in a pony tail. The office I'm working at temporarily is uber casual. I can't even imagine wearing a skirt there. (it's an industrial supply company. nuff said.)

I have been dying to "dress up" a little. I figured what better occasion than some errands right? ;)

I bought this coat over the summer at Ruby Slipper for $15!! It came from the same woman as this hat and has a tag inside that reads "1955". The inside is quilted and the cuffs have a hidden knit cuff for extra warmth! Three of the buttons in the front had fallen off and there were only two in the coat pocket. I loved the coat so much I figured I would buy it anyway and improvise.
As it turns out when I went to sew the buttons back on and have a look at my button stash for suitable replacement I found another matching button sewn under the collar of the coat! Score! I promptly took it off and sewed to the front of the coat with the other two! Good as new!




This skirt is a winter standby for me. I really love it and always look forward to wearing it in the winter. And I'm particularly loving it with my new heels from Forever 21!


Black Beret: Joe
Favourite Leopard Print Scarf: Ricki's
50's Winter Coat: Ruby Slipper
Cream Sweater: Jacob
Vintage Watch Brooch: Thrifted
Black Patent Belt: Laura
50's Green Skirt: Ragpickers
Black "Plaid" Tights: Ricki's
Green Heels: Forever 21
Vintage Needlepoint Purse: Thrifted 
(Can you tell it's winter? I'm wearing a million layers!)





Happy Tuesday! 

Lisa.xo



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home