Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Outfits: Lingerie as Clothing

I have been wearing vintage lingerie as outerwear for years now. My mother will attest to the fact that in high school I wore a vintage turquoise slip as a dress with combat boots (still have the slip!! the boots, however are long gone.. haha!).

These days I've abandoned the combat boots for some more ladylike footwear, but am still partial to the prettiness that vintage lingerie adds to an outfit.

It was swelteringly hot out yesterday, so a cool outfit was in order. I paired my new black (yes, I know...black on a hot day...it's silk...so that makes it cool...right?!) skirt and this beautiful vintage lace camisole. A few accessories (I actually wore two silver bangles during the day that I neglected to put back on when I took these photos after dinner) and a pop of colour in my new favourite purse.

I wore this to the salon yesterday. I was putting #12 of my list "12 Things Happy People do Differently" into practice yesterday and got a brow tint, eyelash tint and a bikini wax. I feel like a million bucks! :)









Cat Eye Sunglasses: Rhymes with Orange
Vintage Floral Brooch: Thrifted
Vintage Lace Camisole: Thrifted, Value Village
Black Silk Skirt: Debbie's Vintage (Johnston Terminal Antique Mall)
Nude Patent Pumps: Le Chateau
Green Leather Purse: Claudia Firenze, Winners

Lisa.xo


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home