Friday, June 28, 2013

Outfits: I'm Outside! And a 'New' Dress

I'm thrilled to have taken today's outfit post outside (beneath the shade of the pine trees in our backyard to be exact), courtesy of my new tripod!

I also excited to show you the newest addition to my vintage dress collection from Dear Golden. I showed you the etsy photos a few weeks ago, but had to take it to the tailor to have it taken up and in a little. I'm a bit short waisted so I have to have many of my dresses taken up in the waistline in order for them to fit properly. I also had about 2 1/2" removed from the hem of the dress. Now it's perfect!


I clearly need to get used to taking photos outside...my camera settings need some tweeking I think...


I just realized I'm wearing an item from each of my grandmother's in this outfit! My Glasses are from my Grandma Cotton and my belt was a given to me by my Grandma Nelson! Awww! That makes me smile..


My sandals are new too. I never liked really those strappy gladiator style sandals, but this newer, simpler version that is trendy now is perfect. I knew I wanted a metallic pair to wear with dresses during the day. I found this pair at Winners for a song. I love the warm rose metallic colour - they go with everything and are very low key. I almost look barefoot in these photos! And I couldn't resist the filagreed metal (yes - it's metal!) detail on the toe. 


Dave (our 4 year old Boxer - for new readers!) really enjoyed running around the yard like a maniac while I took these photos! haha!


50's Cat Eye Glasses: Were Grandma Cotton's (new lenses from Osborne Spectacle)
50's Cotton Atomic Print Dress: Dear Golden via Etsy
Purple Leather Braided Belt: Was Grandma Nelson's
Green Beaded Necklace worn as a Bracelet: Le Chateau
Sandles: Zigisoho, Winners

This weekend is the Canada Day (July 1st) long weekend and I've got 1 1/2 days of work left! Things are looking up! 

What are you up to this weekend?

Lisa.xo 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home