Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Little Trip and a New Dress

If you've been reading my blog for a while you will know that my favourite vintage shop is the city is Vintage Glory.

Well Vintage Glory is no more. They have moved. Right around to corner. And they opened on Monday.

Under a new name: Rhymes with Orange. Isn't that cute?

Storefront photo borrowed from here at Oh So Lovely

I tried desperately to make it to their opening Monday, but all of my other errands got in the way. So I went yesterday.

I "officially" met Doug's new business partners Erin and Steph who are just the nicest girls ever! I can't wait to go back to the store and chat with them some more.

If I was a good blogger I would have brought my camera and taken pics of the store, but I borrowed a few from the girls.




You can see more photos here.

The shop is very - you guessed it - orange! and is set up really nicely. It's much more like being in a hip boutique than a traditional vintage shop. It was super easy to shop; everything is laid out so nicely. AND they have beautiful mid-century modern housewares for sale at the back of the store! Fun!

And like the good hoarder collector I am, I couldn't leave without buying myself a dress.




I'm pretty sure it's silk. The girls bought it on a recent trip to Thailand! Neat! I love the embroidery, the asymetrical button closure and the sheer sleeves. It's so interesting. (Promise to take pictures soon to show you!)
Plus I bought a pair of reproduction sunglasses. I broke this pair recently by throwing them in my purse one too many times. Opps! (They're still in the glovebox of my car. I haven't been able to bring myself to throw them out.)

If you live in Winnipeg you HAVE to go to the new shop! They're having 10% off this week! :)
Rhymes with Orange.   233 McDermot Avenue.    (204) 946-5212

Lisa.xo

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home