Thursday, July 11, 2013

Raising Eyebrows

I have a little secret...ok, well it's not really a secret, but I don't like people to know, or see.

I'm building this up way more than is necessary...

I have some brutally patchy eyebrows from over-plucking in the 90's. I pencil them in every day. Otherwise they look scraggly and bad...at least I think so.

Here's the pictorial evidence. And naturally, I've uploaded this photo and am thinking "Well they don't look that bad..." Cripes. I swear they look worse in person... really.


I finally decided to take some action last week and take care of them. I've only got foundation on in this photo, but my eyebrows (and eyelashes!) are looking halfway decent because I had them tinted at the salon last week.
Normally my eyelashes are non-existant without mascara and my eyebrows are much much lighter. The tinting darkened some of the lighter eyebrow hairs and have made them look fuller - which has helped in the patchy department. Now if I was a good blogger I'd have remembered to take before photos of my brows before the tinting...ah well...

Now here is the next big step in conquering my embarrassing brows (I can hardly believe I've posted this picture...I NEVER leave the house without filling in my brows and don't like people to see them) is this:


RapidBrow. It was recommended to me by the esthetician who tinted my brows. I literally left the salon and drove to a drugstore to pick some up. I set me back $40, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it. It claims to improve the look of eyebrows by 108% in 90 days. It's a mascara-like wand and a clear gel like substance that you sweep over your eyebrows twice a day - morning and night. You can use it over tinted brows (mine have been fine) and after it dries I'm free to pencil in where it's still patchy. Love that.

I've been using it now for almost at week (the pic above was taken on the first day). Have I noticed a difference? Yes. A little - there are small hairs growing where previously none were and have been since I was 14. I'm eager to see the middle of my brows fill in a little more. I've got a long way to go, but I'll post an update once I get one month in.

Anyone else try this product? Or something similar?

Lisa.xo

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home