Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Outfits: More Pink

I go through phases...last year I couldn't stop wearing blue (I do own a multitude of blue dresses...in my defence..). Pink seems to be this summer's colour of choice. Maybe it's my new hot pink clutch...

I donned this favourite on Monday to run some errands. I really love this dress. I bought it at Vintage Glory with a number of other dresses that belonged to a woman whose husband was a tailor. The fabric on this dress is pretty much the coolest thing ever...no really. I am in love with the endless swirl pattern - which is a bit raised - over the faint pink and turquoise stripes. And the pockets...can we all just stop and admire the adorable pockets on this dress for a moment please?

I can't believe that this dress hasn't been on the blog more than once seeing as though it has heavy rotation in my wardrobe. I even wear it in the winter with tights and a sweater.



I'm afraid our yard needs a little a lot of TLC. We've lived in our house for 4 years and barely touched the backyard. We knew it needed a major overhaul so we've left in alone until we were ready to dig in. 

And this summer is the one! We're cutting down the many overgrown and partially dead trees and bushes in our back and front yard, grading up the ground around the house, building flower beds in front of the house, replacing the front sidewalk, demoing our old, broken deck and building a temporary patio (major deck building to come in a few years!) and building a fence!! Phew! That's about enough for this summer, but will only be a start on all the work this neglected (by the previous owners and us now. lol!) yard. 






Black Plastic Rose Earrings: Claire's
Fabric Rose Brooch: Smart Set
Vintage Day Dress: Vintage Glory
Elastic Belt: Le Chateau
Black Peep Toe Canvas Flats: George (Walmart)
Hot Pink Clutch: Thrifted

Lisa.xo




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home