Thursday, April 26, 2012

Outfit: Pants the Way I Want to Wear Them

A couple days ago I shared an inspiration post with you about wearing pants. If you've been following my blog you know that I wear pants a lot. Especially in the Winter and Fall. I wish I was one of those girls who lives in skirts, but I'm not.

As I said before, why fight who I am and what makes me comfortable?

So in an effort to amp up the style factor of wearing pants (as you know my go-to is jeans) I went out and got myself a great pair of skinny black trousers from my favourite retailer: Jacob.


My grandparents were in town and I usually spend some time shopping with my grandma before dinner. She usually gives me some money to buy myself something. These days I've been saving it for bills and home renos, but yesterday got myself those aforementioned skinny trousers. A much needed staple in my wardrobe.


I know, didn't I just say I was craving simplicity and I was going to purge some stuff from my closet? Why add more? As far as I'm concerned, spending $70 on a pair of trousers I can see myself wearing almost daily is a great investment and is suddenly making so many things in my closet looking fresh and new again. Don't you feel that way too?


These wedges are new too. $30 for a new pair of shoes is also helping me see new possibilities in my lacklustre wardrobe.




So the moral of the story is: For $100 I've injected new life into my closet. I'm excited to get dressed and I'm also ready to get rid of a few pieces that are dragging me down. Yay!

Sometimes a girl just needs a pick me up! That and buying clothes is WAY more fun that paying bills! lol!

50's Sharkskin Blazer (part of a suit): Gift from Marina!
Black Multi-Strand Necklace: Le Chateau (old)
Bow Tee: Joe Fresh
Black Skinny Trousers: Jacob (buy them here!)
Navy/Cream Striped Wedges: Forever 21
My Favourite Vintage Purse (it goes with everything!): Value Village 


Lisa.xo


BTW. If you are looking for some crazy outfit and weight-loss inspiration check out Fab Gabs Vintage Blog's 365 day challenge! Julie is posting outfits every day for one year and working hard at going from 34" waist vintage clothing to 28" waist vintage clothing! 


You will not be dissapointed! Ok! Go check it out NOW! 
(and she's having a cool give-away right now too! Free lippy and other goodies!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home