Monday, April 11, 2011

A Little Theatre Update

Vaudeville poster image found here.

The Moonlight Sonata of Beethovan Blatz is entering it's second week of performances. We've had sold out houses for every show so far (except opening, we were a few seats shy) and we've been blessed with fabulous audiences. It's very nice to be part of such a great production.

Today I start rehearsals for my next project. I'm stage managing for the Winnipeg Jewish Theatre who is presenting Michael Nathanson's Governor General Award nominated play Talk at The Prairie Scene Festival in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It's a stunning play about two friends whose 26 year friendship is put to the test as they take sides about the Israli-Palestinian conflict.
So, this means I'm off to Ottawa, our nations capital, in two short weeks! I haven't been since I was small and don't remember it so well. I'm quite excited to do some touristy things (and try to find some vintage too!).

Thirdly, I just got hired yesterday by a local independant company called Kiss the Giraffe Productions for the Winnipeg Fringe Festival this summer. They are producing a local playwrights newest musical concoction: Illuminati 2: The Musical. These shows are usually sold out Fringe hits! Can't wait!
We start rehearsals 3 days after I get back from Ottawa! No rest for the wicked.


So that's what's coming down the pipeline in the near future...

Lisa.xo

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home