Thursday, July 25, 2013

Outfits: Something a Little More Modern

Sorry for the absence in the last two weeks...someone in my family passed away on the 14th and I've not really been feeling like myself since. The last few days have been better, I'm finally starting to come around. :) Just wanted to let you all know why I suddenly stopped posting after such an amazing run of posts!


As you know, I don't always "dress vintage" and by that I mean a vintage inspired look from head to toe. I moderately follow current trends and incorporate those into my wardrobe that I feel compliment my personal fashion aesthetic. Like peplum tops. I love them. So feminine! They are a great modern take on a retro look, so a few months ago I went on a hunt for one I liked. This beauty from Jacob was the winner. The construction is really great - it fits me incredibly well. The fabric is non-stretch and I really like the side zipper (even though it's invisible) which I feel is a throw back to vintage garment construction (I love me a dress with a side zipper!).






I sometimes get worried I'm sacrificing my aesthetic when I dress in such trendy clothes (the skinny pants, the peplum top etc..) from head to toe, but Jill over at lune totally squashed that idea when I posted this pic on my Instagram.



She said "Very Varla of you"(as in "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!").



Haha! I thought that was awesome! Thanks Jill!





Tortoiseshell Cateye Sunglasses: Rhymes with Orange
Vintage Leather Jacket: Vintage Glory
Necklace: Le Château
Peplem Top: Jacob
Vintage Gold Belt: Ragpickers
Navy Trousers: Jacob
Navy Floral Heels: Forever 21
Vintage Navy Purse: Wildwood Rose Vintage

Lisa.xo



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home